Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Undelete

Last month, I decided that I didn't want to blog anymore.  I wouldn't call it an impulse decision, cause I really went with it for a while.  Today, I changed my mind (impulse decision)... 
I haven't decided what it is, but I do really enjoy writing down my thoughts (especially during a slow day at work).  So...here's what I've been doing:



I joined a book club and LOVE it.  Our first book was The Help by Kathryn Sockett.  It was an easy read and was thought-provoking.  I actually scheduled a time to talk with my mom about the book before my group met.  I just wanted to get her perspective on it since it probably "hit a little closer to home" with her.  When my group met, it was nice to have my mom's thoughts and ideas to share.  She lived in the South during the time to book was set, so she was able to tell me what was true, what might have been true, and what she just didn't think was true. 


Other than that, I have been saying a lot of "hello"s, "good-bye"s, and "happy birthday"s.  My friend Carrie moved home from LA, but is now moving back after finding a new job and missing a certain someone...  I'll miss her, but I sure enjoyed her two week hiatus with us.


The Girls at Carrie's Surprise "Welcome Home" Party


My friend Chelsey celebrated her 25th Birthday in style.  If an "adult" pool party at one of our parents' house, with the Birthday Girl wearing a shark visor and a lei, doesn't scream "mature"...then I just don't know what does...



No comments:

Post a Comment