Saturday, Bree and Chelsey went to the Newseum, while I went to visit my cousins in Alexandria. They took me to lunch at Hard Times Cafe where I had some pretty tasty chili. Somehow, Jim didn't end up in a picture, but here's Susan and me:
Next, I scurred back to DC to go ice skating on the national mall with the girls. Turns out, I'm a horrible skater... Chelsey had to pull me across the ice. Actually, I recall a picture of Bree and me ice skating a few years ago and she's pulling me too (ice skating=2, caroline=0). It was fun though and we got a pretty cute picture out of it, and come free hot chocolate:
After that, we regrouped and went to the "Bama Bar" to watch Alabama take down Miss State. Good thing they did too, cause our conference record wasn't so great this year. At this bar, they have a "beer tower" as Bree called it. Chelsey and I were not so excited about this, cause we thought the waitress was going to bring us a tower to beer CANS, which would just sit around getting warm. What we got was much cooler:
Once we left there, we went to Clarendon Grill with Brian and their friend Megan. We struck gold there and happened upon a Journey Cover Band. Umm, yes please! They were a good time:
Sunday we met Allison at Perry's for their drag queen brunch. Umm, lets just say that it was NOT what I was expecting and I will leave visual evidence out of my blog. But, it was a good time! Next time (I don't actually think there will be a next time) I will make sure I have a morning mimosa with Bree so that I can handle the show.
After that we went to Eastern Market, then we made a pit stop by the Capitol for a photo-op:
Our last stop of the day was an park near DCA where we watched the planes land. They come in RIGHT above your head. You almost feel like you can touch them...very cool.
Bree and Brian were sweet enough to drive us to Baltimore so that we didn't have to worry with the train. I think Bree secretly just wanted to spend as much time with us as possible. All in all, the trip was a success! I just have one thing to add...
Miss you Bree! Come home already!





No comments:
Post a Comment