My New Year’s goals have been pretty important to me so far this year. So, I thought I'd update my blog on my progress:
1) Take Mark to Europe for the first time
Mark REALLY wants to go to Italy. To be 100% honest, I would prefer somewhere that I haven’t been before. BUT, if I’m going to revisit somewhere so soon, Italy is it. We are in the process of speaking to a travel agent (I’m not adventurous enough to plan our first trip out of the country by myself) to help us coordinate travel dates and accommodations. We are getting excited that this is actually going to happen this year!
3) Visit Lauren in Tyler, TX
Ok, for now, I am cheating. Lauren and Will offered to make the drive and come see us next weekend. I am beyond excited. I definitely WANT to be a good friend and visit her in the Fall, but I’m just too excited to be seeing them to care who's visiting whom. Yea!
6) Read the Entire New Testament
I’ve completed Matthew and Mark. I think reading the 4 gospels in a row is proving to be the most difficult part. I get bored with the repetition. But, for the most part I’m enjoying it. Favorite passage thus far:
Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. –Matthew 7:1-2
That is definitely something I should be slapped with everyday
31) Watch each movie nominated for “Best Picture”
I’m up to half!! So far I have seen: Black Swan, The Fighter, Inception, The Social Network, and True Grit. Unfortunately, other than The Kings Speech, I think I watched the ones I was most excited about first…poor planning
37) Double BodyPump Weight
I started with 2 small weights on each side for squats (and decreased from there on the rest of the tracks). NOW, I’m using 1 medium & 1 small on each side for squats. This is so close to double that it’s not even funny.
38) Go to Chicago to see Amanda Play Softball
Date selected…check. Vacation requested…check. Family on board…check.
39) Host book club
On February 28, I’m hosting book club. I’m excited to have everyone over, but not excited about cooking the main course (as is our book club tradition now). Oh well, I’ll probably keep it simply and go with Deborah’s famous Brunswick Stew. Can’t really go wrong there.
Side Note: We are reading the Book Thief. Liking it so far.
Wheeew... Thanks for sticking with me on that one. Loving 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment