Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

March Reads

This past month, I enjoyed two good books. 
First, I read "The History of Love" by Nicole Krauss.  My friend Allison wrote about how much she loved this book in her blog, so I bought it when I went on my "book buying frenzy" a couple of months ago. 
The book begins each chapter with a different character not related to the first, and I'll admit that I had to read a few chapters more than once to keep up with everyone.  Once I got a grasp on what was happening, I was hooked! 
The ending was definitely what made this book so special.  It wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but it was so sweet and touching that I literally had goosebumps reading the last few pages.

Two suggestions: 
1. Read this book
2. Spend a little extra time on the front side writing down all your characters


For my book club, I read "The Well and the Mine" by Gin Phillips.  Bonus: Gin Phillips physically came to our meeting to discuss the book with us.  Coolest thing ever!  Especially since we all liked the book.  I do wish we had spread out our "southern, small town" books a little more.  Between "The Help", "To Kill a Mockingbird", and "The Well and the Mine", I think we're all starting to get bit jaded.  But this a good read, especially if you've heard stories from your grandparents about "the good ole days" of sitting on your front porch drinking sweet tea.  And, if you're anything like I am, it will give you a new appreciation for your washing machine, dish washer, television, and fast food.
Happy Reading to Ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment