(Sigh)
I have not been able to get into the football spirit this year.
Normally I look forward to making my "Alabama Stadium" Dogs and "Buffalo Chicken" Dip, sporting a crimson t-shirt, and crowding in front of the TV with friends. But not this year. At least no one can call me a "fair-weather-fan" since Alabama has been holding their own this year.
And, since I live in Alabama and am SURROUNDED by football, football, and more football, I have felt pretty uninspired by Fall...and uninspired to blog.
BUT, I am starting to look for signs of Fall in other places/things. Pumpkin has been one of those things. I can't seem to get enough pumpkin bread! I was even going to make a loaf until I realized I would spend more making it than buying it made (thank you Cafe Iz). I mean, who doesn't have eggs, milk, flour, and cinnamon in their house? I really need to start cooking more...
I also carved pumpkins with Lauren, Chelsey, Martha, Jeremy, and Martha's friend Caroline. Mine is special. It was free-handed though, so give it a little love.
I also found a little more "Fall" at Sips n Strokes with my coworker/friend Alex. She had 2 free classes and asked me to join her. And, lucky for me, she picked this fun Autumn Tree painting. LOVE.
But don't worry, I did manage to get into the LSU/UA game. Sadly, it was the one game I wish I hadn't watched...I guess you can't win them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment