Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

To 2012...and beyond!

Turns out, 40 New Year's Goals were too many.  I counted, and I'm sad to say that I only completed 11 of them.  I had a talk with reality, and we agreed that I could handle 12...for 2012.  Yes, that's a bit cheesy, but since I completed 11 in 2011 it only made sense.  I've added them to a new page, but here they are for those interested:

1.  Cook dinner at least once a week...yes, I cook less than that now
2.  Reorganize my closets and sell/goodwill stuff I don't wear or need
3.  Workout in the AM with Mark (at least 3X a week)
4.  Go to Seattle for Drew's Graduation
5.  Lose 15 pounds...yes, this is basically a goal every year
6.  Read the following books:
  • "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald (when a book that you SHOULD have read years ago (and either didn't or read the CliffsNotes version) is repeatedly referenced and you have to smile and nod...it's time to try again
  • "Pride & Prejudice" by Jane Austen
  • "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  • "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel
  • "Things Fall Apart" by Chinua Achebe
  • "Catching Fire" & "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins (just finished "The Hunger Games"...ready to keep reading)
  • "Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay
7.  Visit Charleston, since I didn't go in 2011 at all
8.  Find a church home & join
9.  Do the following work around the House:
  • Paint or pressure-wash outside
  • Plant Flowers
  • Hang more pictures inside
  • Put up a fence for Levon
10.  Watch each movie nominated for a "Best Picture" Oscar
11.  Learn to Swim
12.  Be more gracious

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of "Twelve for 2012"! Keep us informed on the blog as to how you are doing so we can cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I like the idea of 12 for 2012! Keep it up, girl!
    2. I remember being forced to read "Things Fall Apart" in high school and absolutely dreading it, BUT ended up really liking the book once I started it. Also, I have never been able to finish Pride & Prejudice.
    3. I can't wait to see the Hunger Games movie--Bree and I are planning to go in March!

    ReplyDelete