Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

To Kill a Mockingbird


Last month my book club read "To Kill A Mockingbird"; which was suggested because this year marks it's 50th anniversary.  I HATED reading when I was in school and didn't remember enjoying this book, so I was dreading rereading this classic AGAIN.  Man, am I glad I sucked it up and took advantage of this opportunity!  The book was easy to read and simply enjoyable. 

It's especially fun to read books like this as a "Southerner."  I live in a different time and can't quite relate to the tired old town of Maycomb, Alabama, but it's still nice to "look back" and see how much we've progressed.  It was also nice to review it with my book club.  It's refreshing to see that I have so many Finch's in my group and not one Ewell.  Especially when one of those Finch's in my group makes some impressive shrimp and grits for all of us!

If you don't remember this from high school, please give it another shot.

Side Note:  I was asked if I was reading this for school once (of course, I was wearing a high school shirt, so I couldn't blame them)...  Note to self, no high school activities while in high school clothes.  Makes it even harder to pass as a 26-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment