Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

2011...Here I come!

So, I was thinking that I always fail my New Year's Resolutions.  They usually have to do with weight, be nicer, spending more time in prayer.  But they also usually end up incomplete.  This year I'm going to take a different approach.  No New Year's "Resolution" per se, but a bunch of New Year's "Goals", 40 to be exact.  I figure this way, I'm BOUND to finish at least one...I hope.  Here's my list, in no particular order:

1) Take Mark to Europe for the First time
2) Read at least 2 books to benefit my career
3) Visit Lauren in Tyler, Texas
4) Run a 10K
5) Plant flowers by our Mailbox
6) Read the entire New Testament
7) Have a "girls' weekend" at the beach or somewhere fun
8) Try a new workout class
9) Host a dinner party (with food I actually cook)
10) Lose 10 lbs
11) Cook 1 new thing each day for a week
12) Find a church home
13) Get a new cell phone
14) Have dinner at a new (to me) restaurant in Birmingham
15) Go to the dentist (I'll count Julie pre-graduation too)
16) Pass the FE (if didn't in October)
17) Give up Facebook for two weeks
18) Wear make-up everyday for a week
19) Put up pictures in my cubical
20) Go bowling at least once
21) Buy a pair of nice sunglasses
22) Give blood
23) Go to a play/musical
24) Put a bookcase in the guest bedroom
25) Go to at least one Alabama Football Game
26) Move Departments at work...seriously!
27) Take a picture everyday for a month
28) Take Levon on a GOOD walk at least once a week
29) Actually PLAN my Halloween costume
30) Volunteer at an MDA function (in addition to the Derby)
31) Watch each movie nominated for Academy Award's Best Picture
32) Go to a Professional Sports Game (any)
33) Learn some of the language of wherever we visit, prior to trip
34) Shoot a gun (don't worry, I'll go to a shooting range)
35) Send Birthday Cards
36) Go to lunch once a week with coworkers or friends
37) Increase BodyPump weight to almost double
38) Go to Chicago to see Amanda play softball
39) Host Book Club
40) Blog about most of this list

I'm so excited about my list.  Bring it on, 2011.  BRING  IT  ON!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Caroline! I might adopt some of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll help cross things off your list. Sign me up for the 10k too!

    ReplyDelete