Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

"My Back is Aching..."

Last week (and again last night) Mark and I went to see his nephew, Douglas, play pee-wee football, and I actually got a little chocked-up thinking "little Al will be out there one day".  That is, if his mother is brave enough to let him play contact sports.


It also reminded me of my days as a "Little Rebel" cheerleader.  Similar blue uniforms (even though this was a Chelsea team), hair tied with ribbons, awkward preteen girls just trying to fit in.  But the real shocker?  They are using the same cheers from about 18 years ago!  Even the ones with weird phrases like "my back is aching, my belts too tight, my booty's shaking from left to right."

Today, as I sit in my cubical - pregnant and uncomfortable - I have a new appreciation for that awkward cheer.  My back aches and everything feels too tight.  Luckily, I haven't developed the "pregnant waddle" yet...but it's only a matter of time until that kicks in and makes my booty shake from left to right.  Sigh, those tiny cheerleaders have NO idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment