Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

All about Al

In the past few months, Al has taken his first trips to:

The beach


The mountains (no pictures since the trip was a bit of a disaster...there's always next time)

The zoo



The pool






The park



We have also started:

Sitting up

Eating solids (baby food).  We are trying to move to some "table" foods (puffs and cheerios), but he's been so congested that he can't handle it.  Little one has some sensitive gag reflexes, and I end up wearing his food.

And talking!  If "dadadadada" counts!  I correct him every time.  "No, Al.  It's 'mamamama'".  Sweet Nanny is totally on my side with this one.

Other than being sick ALL the time, Al is so easy-going.  We took him to a friend's house for his first Bama game, and he sat on the floor and played with cups for the entire first half.  Only made a few happy squeals (which didn't come close to matching the yelling that this crowd can do).

People love to ask if he's crawling yet.  Since he didn't sit-up until about 7 months, I'm expecting this to be delayed too.  Truth: He's a bit lazy.  Second truth: He gets it from his momma.  If he can't reach a toy, he just goes after another.  People say this is a blessing...the longer I can keep him from being mobile, the better.  And, since we've established that I'm a bit lazy too, this is probably true.

So keep "chillin'" little one, we'll get there when we're both ready.

1 comment: